As part of the Sparda digitalization strategy, the use of the app is to be expanded and additional services integrated into the app in order to further increase added value and improve customer loyalty (usage intensity and download figures). In this context, the Mastercard service was integrated into the app based on a SaaS solution. With this function, app users can make various security-related settings for the credit card themselves:
- Secure credit card registration
- Blocking and unblocking of the card by the user
- Enabling/disabling of cash payments and/or Internet transactions
- Definition of countries in which transactions may be carried out. Exclusion of these very countries
- Information about all transactions via Push
- Information about all rejected transactions via Push
This solution offers many advantages in terms of safety and convenience. The introduction of the function is perceived as a service improvement (settings can be made by the user and are active in less than 2 seconds) and at the same time the service centres of the Sparda banks are relieved by the externalisation of the service. From a technical point of view, the digital service meets the highest performance requirements and a flexible response to peak loads (Software as a Service). Security and compliance requirements are guaranteed by security concepts and cloud made in Germany (secure card registration, PSD2-compliant, BaFin-compliant).